Subject areas which we publish
The University Press of North Georgia welcomes book proposals or manuscripts in our regional subject area of Southern Appalachia, which includes:
- history (including Native American, military, etc.)
- health issues
- cultural linguistics
We also publish in the four leadership areas of:
- Teaching and Learning Innovation
- Educating Engaged Citizens
- Regional (Southern Appalachia) Development
- Living Our Values
For scholarly and non-fiction books, please send us the following:
- A 2-3 page prospectus describing the book’s argument, general content, significance to the field, intended audience, ‘competing’ works, sources, and methods.
- A detailed chapter by chapter outline (tentative, if necessary) of the book. Please include its estimated length as well as plans for tables, illustrations, glossaries, appendices, bibliography, etc.
- A schedule for the research and writing of the book.
- A sample chapter or chapters.
- A curriculum vitae.
For fiction or creative non-fiction, please send us the following:
- A query letter
- A 1-2 page synopsis of your book
- The first 25 pages
Here’s where to send your proposal or query:
Dahlonega, GA 30597
*We ask that you please do not send proposals to specific editors at this time, unless it’s for the War and Leadership series. Proposals for the War and Leadership series need to be sent to Timothy May at firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Please note that while we accept simultaneous submissions, we do ask that if your proposal/manuscript is accepted by another publisher, that you inform us as soon as possible so we can pull it from our queue. Thank you for that consideration!
***Because we are a teaching press, any proposal or manuscript submitted may be used in our Publishing Classes as teaching material.